At Pregnancy Resource Center Medical Clinic our volunteers are vital to our ministry. Whether it’s on the frontlines or behind the scenes, we depend on volunteers to help keep our doors open to our community and keep our mobile clinic on the road. PRC services are life-saving and life-changing, and you can make a difference. Use your gifts and help us as we minister to women and men faced with crisis pregnancies, offering hope, practical help, and the love of Jesus Christ.
Every person that serves at PRC is required to attend our annual volunteer training that is held in February/March of each year. The initial training takes place over a two-week period. For those positions that have direct client contact, there is an onboarding training program that follows which is customized for each position.
Direct Client Volunteer Opportunities: These positions require 3 hours per week and offer ways for people to use their skills, gifts and talents directly serving our clients. After the initial training and on-boarding process, volunteers are placed in one of the following areas to serve:
- Receptionist: Be the voice on the phone that says you care, plus schedule appointments, greet those that come into the Clinic, provide data entry support, filing, and light office duties.
- Client Advocate: Be a first-responder and provide compassionate peer-counseling and support to women facing the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy. Client advocates can serve either at the Center or on the mobile clinic.
- Medical Professional – Volunteer your time to provide ultrasound medical services at the Center or on the mobile clinic, abortion pill reversal and future STD testing and treatment for our clients. We need registered nurses and sonographers, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
- Earn While You Learn Parenting Coach (for both women and men): Make an impact in the life of a new parent by meeting each week with the provided curriculum.
- Men’s Ministry: Men are needed in a variety of capacities – as male client advocates who meet with guys whose partner may be pregnant, or parenting coaches to coach and support a first-time dad. Experienced in RV’s? Join our mobile clinic driving team – all drivers are men who also provide security, and even peer counseling to partners in need.
Other Opportunities – For those who would like to serve but can’t make a weekly commitment, or don’t feel called to meet with clients, we need volunteers in other important roles.
- Board Member: Provide oversight, set policy, and vision-cast through strategic planning. Board members meet bi-monthly, financially support the ministry and build community relationships.
- Medical Professional: Medical doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners are needed for on-call support and guidance.
- Outreach/Events: Share the mission and vision of Pregnancy Resource Center at community outreach platforms and events. Serve as a special events volunteer, administrative projects, public relations or sponsorship volunteer.
- Marketing and Administrative: Assist our marketing and social media team to build awareness by helping on special projects, newsletters, mailings, and more.
- Prayer Team: If you are a prayer warrior, we need you – and no training is needed! Sign up to be a prayer partner and pray for PRC’s needs, our clients, the lives of unborn babies in our community, our staff and volunteers. We meet each Monday at PRC from 9:00 – 10:00 AM.
Interested in serving at PRC? Come to our Volunteer Orientation and Training in February 2022! To register for orientation and start the process of becoming a volunteer, please complete this form.
Makes A Difference